Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
Meals on Wheels Plus (MOWP) is dedicated to the mission of assisting individuals to live independently by providing nutrition and caring, supportive services. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Controller/HR Director. This position serves as a key resource to the Chief Financial Officer to manage all accounting, government grant reporting, human resources and risk management functions.
Education & Experience:
- S in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years of accounting and supervisory experience.
- Non-profit and/or HR experience preferred.
- Supervision, coaching, counseling and mentoring of finance/HR staff.
- Manage payroll function. including, timesheets, journal entries, expense allocation and biweekly processing.
- Maintain confidential employee personnel files and other records related to payroll.
- Monitor employee leave and PTO accruals, benefits and other payroll deductions for accuracy.
- Facilitate the hiring, termination and counseling process for 50 person employee group.
- Supervise the general ledger and accounts payable functions ensuring that vendor invoices are processed, recorded and paid in an accurate, timely manner. Maintains batch and vendor files for reference and audit.
- Supervise/perform the billing and grants reporting function ensuring that invoices, payment requests and required grant reports are completed and filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- With CFO, serve as principal contact with funders for applications, information requests, accounting and monitoring.
- Responsible for monthly financial closing, including billing, government grant reporting and other activity.
- Assist with development of program and organizational budgets; maintenance of Blackbaud general ledger and fixed asset system; and preparing/recording appropriate journal entries at month end.
- Principal liaison with payroll, benefits and insurance providers.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Special Skills, Tools, Technology Requirements:
- General accounting procedures, computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (including spreadsheet experience).
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred.
- Ability to sit for long periods with extended work at a video display terminal.
- Ability to multi-task, concentrate, and pay close attention to detail at the same time.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality due to nature of position.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and medical benefits.
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free workplace. All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check.