2017 in Review
Let’s celebrate the impact we made in our community in 2017!
- Approximately 200,000 hot, nutritious meals were delivered to home-bound elderly by more than 500 volunteers over 52 routes in Manatee County.
- The Food Bank of Manatee distributed more than 4.3 million pounds of food, 361 crisis stabilization-kits feeding nearly 1,400 family members, 1,475 emergency baby baskets, and more than 40,000 weekend meals to school-aged children over the summer.
- Nearly 1,000 wrapped shoe boxes filled with gifts were collected and distributed to seniors.
- At The Enrichment Center on 9th, more than 400 members were actively involved enjoying social, recreational, and educational programs for adults ages 50 and up.
- Daybreak Adult Day Center helped promote independence and social interaction for 94 elderly clients.
OneBlood’s Big Red Bus
Come give blood Monday, January 18th from 9 am to 12 pm at Renaissance on 9th, 1816 9th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34205. One in three people will need a blood transfusion in their lifetime. Blood donations not only help save lives, but also aid in faster healing for surgery patients. Give blood and receive cookies, juice, and a special gift. Make your appointment to donate blood here…
Show Box Reception and Holiday Mart
The 12th Annual Shoe Box Reception and Holiday Mart was a huge success. This year’s reception was kicked off with Bartending for a Cause at The Ranch Grill. Guests enjoyed cocktails prepared by fun guest bartenders, good eats, and fun raffle prizes.
Volunteers, staff, and the community gathered toiletries, puzzle books, moisturizing lotion, pens/pencils, Christmas trinkets, and slipper socks then stuffed and wrapped almost 1,000 shoe boxes which were delivered to Meals on Wheels PLUS clients for the holidays! Often, these gift boxes are the only present that the clients will receive during the holidays.
Save the Dates
Bartending for a Cause
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 from 6 to 9 pm, join us at The Polo Grill, located at 10670 Boardwalk Loop, Bradenton, FL 34202. Enjoy drinks crafted by fun guest-bartenders, great food, and raffles all benefiting the LOVE of The Food Bank of Manatee.