Time is running out to make your 2020 tax-deductible gift!
The impacts of COVID-19 in our community have put the critical work of Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee in the spotlight! This year, we have*:
- Provided over 238,376 meals and over 60,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables to Manatee County seniors through our Home-delivered Meal program.
- Provided approximately 750,000 meals to food-insecure families in our community through our COVID-19 Emergency Relief program, Food4Families.
- Put over 2.8 million pounds of food and over 706,000 pounds of fresh produce to work in our community through our PLUS program, The Food Bank of Manatee, to provide for our 80+ food pantries and partner agencies throughout Manatee County.
*Through November 30, 2020.
The need for basic nutrition will continue into the New Year and beyond. Please consider making a tax-deductible gift to help feed our community in the months ahead.
Charitable gifts received before, or postmarked by, 12/31 are tax-deductible in the year they are made. Below are five easy ways you can make a year-end gift in support of our mission!
- Gifts of appreciated stock are the perfect way to invest in Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee!
- Make gifts of up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee without having to pay income taxes on the money. If you have yet to make your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year, your IRA Charitable Rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
- If you have a Donor Advised Fund, you can recommend a gift to Meals on Wheels PLUS before year end.
- To make a gift by mail:
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
811 23rd Ave. East
Bradenton, FL 34208
- Make a one-time or recurring gift on our secure website today!
There are some charitable giving changes for 2020 under the CARES Act to make note of:
- Non-itemizers are eligible for a $300 charitable deduction
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) from retirement plans are waived for most donors. Though the requirement is waived for 2020, an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution is still a very meaningful way to make a gift! Consult your tax advisor for additional information.
For transfer and/or wire information, please contact Bill Grenier, Chief Financial Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-749-0100 x1245. Meals on Wheels PLUS Holiday Schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, December 24 – Closed
- Friday, December 25 – Closed
- Friday, January 1 – Closed
Thank you for your support! The above giving options should not be considered legal or tax advice. Please consult your tax adviser.
Every donation received by 12/31 will be doubled thanks to a $30,000 matching gift from an anonymous donor.
Remember these 2020 Year-End Giving Deadlines
- Gifts sent to Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee must be postmarked no later than Thursday, December 31.
- Credit card gifts must be made before 12 midnight Thursday, December 31.
- Gifts of stocks must be received in Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee accounts by Thursday, December 31.