The Accounting Specialist is responsible for executing the accounts receivable function, invoicing clients and third-party insurers for services, prepare cash and check deposits, and provide accounting backup to facilitate efficient operation of the department.
- Organize and prepare check/cash deposits, assign GL account codes, as required, and submit to Controller for deposit.
- Maintain backup support for all deposits.
- Using internal software, generate and issue client pledge statements and upload third party billings.
- Post client and third-party payments to database.
- Enter credit card payments for services and donations.
- Maintain transaction analysis for credit card payments.
- Collection responsibilities for overdue individual pledge and third-party balances.
- Update and maintain third party contracts, as required.
- Provide backup support for accounting department, as needed.
- Provide telephone backup support for receptionist, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent on-the-job training/experience.
- Minimum 3 years prior accounting experience.
- Blackbaud experience a plus.
Special Skills, Tools, Technology Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of general accounting procedures, computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (including spreadsheet experience).
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow up and remember directions.
Job Type: Full-time / Non-exempt / Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to a 5% match after one year of employment
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer. Meals on Wheels Plus is a “Drug Free" workplace. Drug testing is mandatory, with a required “negative" result for all federally recognized drugs, including medically prescribed cannabis.
All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check and must be authorized to work in the United States. References are required. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. (“MOWP”) is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination laws, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. MOWP prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.