Creative Services and Events Coordinator
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
This position serves as a key resource to the VP of Development to promote awareness and fundraising efforts for all programs of Meals on Wheels PLUS, through written communications, social media, and graphic design as well as the coordination and execution of fundraising events that support our mission.
- Create and edit targeted marketing pieces, from content to production and distribution, including pre and post event communications for fundraising events, internal/external marketing pieces, advertisements, signage, and press releases.
- Works with VP of Development to create strategy and engaging content for social platforms as well as electronic and print communications to constituent groups for cohesive brand representation.
- Analyze results of social media reach, clicks, likes, shares, open rates, etc. at least monthly and tweak strategy to maximize reach and impact.
- Coordinate logistics of event ticket sales through website, online ticket platform, and physical tickets.
- Maintain the Meals on Wheels PLUS website, regularly updating content in alignment with program updates and brand standards; maximize SEO.
- Create brief brand-specific videos for use on digital platforms such as Facebook and YouTube.
- Manage Google Ad Grants program.
- Work with VP of Development to design, create, and execute successful fundraising events in support of the mission of Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee.
- Assist with the coordination of vendors, sponsors, and event logistics and details.
- Engage internal departments in fundraising event planning and coordination to ensure a seamless volunteer, donor, and guest experience both pre- and post-event.
- May be asked to perform other duties as needed.
- B.S./B.A. or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2 – 4 years graphic design experience.
- Sufficient computer competency; successful experience using Microsoft applications, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and PDF.
- Successful experience copywriting and editing branded content.
- Successful experience working with WordPress website(s).
- Successful experience in Search Engine Optimization.
- Successful track record in managing Google Ad Grants, preferred.
Special Skills, Tools, Technology Requirement:
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail required.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; effective time management skills necessary.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team, and utilize good judgement.
- Must maintain high standards for quality of work produced and brand representation.
- Ability to occasionally travel locally and participate in fundraising events upon request.
- Must be able to bend, lift, carry, push/pull 25 pounds.
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt (40 hours/week) / 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and medical benefits.
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer. Meals on Wheels Plus is a “Drug Free" workplace. Drug testing is mandatory, with a required “negative" result for all federally recognized drugs, including medically prescribed cannabis. All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check and must be authorized to work in the United States.