Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO manages the office and administrative functions of the President & CEO, including maintaining and preparing documents, minutes, calendars, etc. for the Board of Directors. This position provides administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Provides administrative support to the President & CEO to include internal and external communications, daily activities such as e-mails, calendar meetings setup/monitoring, phone calls, messages, etc.
- Maintains and organizes all office files, records, etc. on behalf of the President & CEO.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team; takes minutes for the ELT meetings.
- Prepares the Board of Directors’ reports and documents for the bi-monthly meetings and/or annual retreats.
- Attends the Board of Directors meetings; records and prepares the minutes for dissemination to the Board members.
- Orders the office supplies for the entire staff; sends monthly reminders.
- Welcomes visitors and assists in directing them to the appropriate contact.
- Fill in for Front Desk Receptionist when needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements—education, years of experience, and licenses and/or certifications:
- High School Graduate, preferably with an associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- A Minimum of five years working as an Executive Assistant in a “c-level” office.
- Experience working with and preparing documents for a Board of Directors.
- Experience working in a nonprofit is highly desirable.
Special Skills, Tools, Technology Requirements
- Proficient in office operations, filing, ability to use office equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and other general software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in a busy office setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (upbeat and positive) and able to develop positive, harmonious working relationships with all levels, from Board members to all staff members.
- Able to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Compassion for and able to work with seniors.
- Exceptional customer service skills and dedicated to quality output.
- Excellent oral and written skills; people oriented; well organized.
- Able to meet deadlines for work and follow directions.
- Able to sit for extended periods.
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to a 5% match after one year of employment
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer. Meals on Wheels Plus is a “Drug Free" workplace. Drug testing is mandatory, with a required “negative" result for all federally recognized drugs, including medically prescribed cannabis.
All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check and must be authorized to work in the United States. References are required. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. (“MOWP”) is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination laws, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. MOWP prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.