Transit Driver/Warehouse Assistant
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
The Transit Driver/Warehouse Assistant is responsible for assisting with all transportation and warehouse needs. This includes transporting clients to and from Friendship Dining Centers, Daybreak Adult Day Center, and any special trips needed. May include meal delivery to clients and remote locations to meet volunteers. This position is also responsible for maintaining transportation records and completing monthly reports.
- Transporting clients to and from Friendship Dining Centers, Daybreak Adult Day Center, and any other special trips.
- Keep daily transportation records including route sheets, attendance/cancellation and change forms.
- Record and maintain manifest for client travel and mileage of services on a daily basis.
- Complete monthly reports to be provided to Accounting Department with total numbers of trips provided to and from multiple program centers.
- Provide help with packing, sorting, organizing meals to be loaded into cars for home delivery.
- Delivery of meals to our Home-delivered Meal clients when needed.
- Assist with cleaning and organizing the warehouse. This includes cleaning the cooler/freezer and organizing food by FIFO method.
- Responsible for reporting any needed vehicle repair, injuries, or accident to the supervisor, immediately.
- Maintain and clean vehicles interior and exterior as needed.
- Deliver meals to specific drop-off points at scheduled times.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain a clean driving record with an active Florida Driver’s License.
- Intermediate math skills
- Must become Safe Serve trained.
- Must be able to successfully pass a level II background check and drug test.
- Follow all state and municipality road signs and driving laws.
- Have a special interest in programs designed to assist older Americans.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must have superior customer service skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to stand/walk for moderate periods of time.
- Be able to lift/carry 25lbs. by oneself or 50lbs with assistance.
- May be exposed to high/low temperatures and rain.
- Have organizational skills and be able to pay attention to details.
- Work well with others and coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt (40 hours/week) / 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and medical benefits.
MOWP follows CDC guidelines for COVID-19 and requires, upon successful employment, all individuals in client-facing positions to be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination to MOWP.