Floater – Driver/Warehouse Assistant
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
The Floater – Driver/Warehouse Assistant will assist with all transportation and warehouse needs. This includes delivering meals to clients, driving box trucks for pickups and deliveries, and assisting in all warehouse activities (packing, sorting, organizing, etc.). This position will be a “floater” between the Food Bank and the Home Delivered Meal warehouse.
- Delivery of meals to our Home Delivered Meal clients.
- Help with packing, sorting, organizing frozen meals to be loaded into cars for home delivery.
- Assist with store pickups and/or barrel deliveries in one of our 26’ box trucks.
- Assist with receiving food donations by weighing, recording, and writing up donation slips for donors.
- Must be able to safely operate pallet jacks in order to move food around in the warehouse.
- Weigh food pallets and accurately record results for monthly inventory.
- Assist with cleaning and organizing the warehouse. This includes cleaning the freezer and cooler, taking out trash, and organizing shelves and pallets by FIFO method.
- Greet and assist agencies with the food selection process during their appointed times; write up invoices and load agency vehicles.
- Maintain a good working relationship with agencies and other staff members.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain a clean driving record with an active Florida Driver’s License
- Must be able to successfully pass a level II background check
- Must have experience driving 26’ box trucks
- Must have experience operating pallet jacks
- Experience operating forklifts a major plus
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50lbs by oneself or 100lbs with assistance
- Must maintain and keep an active Food Sanitation Certification
- Must have superior customer service skills
- Able to develop positive working relationships with staff, donors, volunteers, and pantry representatives
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing
- Must be able to work in environment with possible exposure to hazardous materials, high temperatures or extremely cold temperatures
- Must wear proper safety equipment and dress.
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt (40 hours/week) / 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and medical benefits.
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free workplace. All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check.