Food Bank Driver / Warehouse Assistant
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
The Food Bank Driver/Warehouse Assistant is responsible for all warehouse activities, with an emphasis on providing superior customer service while assisting donors, agencies, and volunteers.
- Assist with store pickups and/or barrel deliveries using Meals on Wheels truck.
- Assist with receiving food donations by weighing, recording, and writing donation slips.
- Organize and wrap pallets, store in correct location in warehouse, cooler, or freezer.
- Must be able to safely operate pallet jacks to move food around in the warehouse as well as load and unload trucks.
- Weigh food pallets and accurately record results for monthly inventory.
- Assist with cleaning and organizing the warehouse. This includes cleaning the freezer and cooler, taking out trash, and organizing shelves and pallets by first in first out (FIFO) method.
- Greet and assist agencies in the food selection process during their appointed times; write up invoices and load agency vehicles.
- Report any needed equipment repairs to the Food Bank General Manager.
- Maintain a good working relationship with agencies and other staff members.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain a clean driving record with an active Florida Driver’s License
- Must be able to successfully pass a level II background check
Special Skills, Tools, Technology Requirements :
- Must have experience driving 26’ box trucks
- Must have experience operating pallet jacks
- Experience operating forklifts a major plus
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50lbs by oneself or 100lbs with assistance
- Must maintain and keep an active Food Sanitation Certification
- Must have superior customer service skills
- Able to develop positive working relationships with staff, donors, volunteers, and pantry representatives
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing
- Must be able to work in environment with possible exposure to hazardous materials, high temperatures or extremely cold temperatures.
- Must wear proper safety equipment and dress.
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt (35 hours/week) / 7:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and medical benefits.