Senior Activity Center Assistant
The Senior Activity Center Assistant is responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, and conducting activities designed to keep clients active and enhance their quality of life. Assists with participant’s personal care while they attend the center.
- Assists in planning and implementing group and individual activities based on functional needs and interests of clients.
- Carries out the plan of care; observes and reports observation of clients to Life nurse.
- Assists clients with limited activities of daily living.
- Cleans kitchen after each meal and snack as assigned and participates in the serving of the meal. Checks kitchen and bathrooms daily to determine supplies needs.
- Assists with the daily operation and activities of the Adult Day Center.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service training and other relevant training.
- Works with volunteers to facilitate training in activities and promote utilization of skills.
- Participates in daily record keeping and documentation of clients.
- Cleans facility at the end of each day (according to the posted task list).
- Acts as a substitute to provide coverage at our Friendship Dining Centers when necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2 years of experience working in the aging field.
Special Skills, Tools, Technology Requirements
- Must participate in Dementia/Alzheimer’s training within 90 days of hire.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability read, write and communicate using the English language.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Basic computer skills required (i.e. Microsoft Windows including Excel and Word)
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with the senior population
- Interacts with participants and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains confidentiality adhering to HIPPA requirements.
- Responds promptly to client needs.
- Must have knowledge of various social and therapeutic activity programs.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have ability to problem solve.
- Must train and become First Aid and CPR certified.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Must be able to push up to 350 pounds (wheelchair).
- Must be able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to bend and lift 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Proof of a negative TB test within 45 days prior to hire
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination is necessary prior to onboarding.
Job Type: Part Time or Full Time / Non-exempt
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer. Meals on Wheels Plus is a “Drug Free" workplace. Drug testing is mandatory, with a required “negative" result for all federally recognized drugs, including medically prescribed cannabis.
All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check and must be authorized to work in the United States. References are required. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. (“MOWP”) is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination laws, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. MOWP prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.