Telephone Reassurance Coordinator
The Telephone Reassurance Coordinator is responsible for executing and documenting telephone reassurance calls to homebound seniors receiving Home-delivered Meals. The Telephone Reassurance Program is an effective means to promote social connection and address senior loneliness.
- Perform assigned telephone calls to our clients who are currently receiving Home-delivered Meals.
- Develop a rapport with the client to determine their mental and physical state.
- Become knowledgeable of other ancillary services that can be provided and referred to the client to assist and improve the client’s activities of daily living.
- Immediately inform a management staff person of any significant and/or serious health event that maybe discovered during assurance conversation.
- Document all relevant details of the reassurance call in the client’s electronic record.
- Must pass Level II background check as Required by the Department of Elder Affairs.
- Effective organization and communication skills.
- Advanced PC Skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must maintain client confidentiality.
- Must interact with clients in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently.
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt / Temporary
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer. Meals on Wheels Plus is a “Drug Free" workplace. Drug testing is mandatory, with a required “negative" result for all federally recognized drugs, including medically prescribed cannabis.
All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check and must be authorized to work in the United States. References are required. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. (“MOWP”) is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination laws, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. MOWP prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.