Vice President Strategic Warehouse Distribution/Supply Chain Logistics
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
The Vice President, Strategic Food Bank Programs provide leadership and strategic vision to enhance the overall distribution/logistics and warehouse operations of the Food Bank of Manatee, a PLUS program of Meals on Wheels PLUS. The incumbent is expected to develop, implement, and review initiatives to support and streamline the distribution and supply chain; plan, develop and oversee comprehensive logistic programs to improve service delivery models and build and maintain working relationships with community resources and local vendors; and serve as an ambassador for The Food Bank throughout Manatee County.
- Identify and secure community and state-wide partnerships to promote awareness in the community about The Food Bank programs.
- Review current warehouse operations, assess areas for logistical improvements and develop supply chains; implement and lead warehouse operations that reflect best practices designed to increase efficiencies, enhance service delivery, improve inventory management and compliance objectives.
- Develop and recommend programs that will contribute to the long-term financial health of The Food Bank of Manatee.
- Lead, supervise, coach, and provide direction to The Food Bank General Manager and Staff to maintain motivation and ensure the team’s alignment with the organization’s mission.
- Provide timely updates and recommendations on operational effectiveness; compile and distribute reports as required; participate in oversight of Food Bank related grants.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to generate appropriate metrics and performance measures; oversee execution of periodic audits, monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Evaluate performance measurements and develop alternatives to sustain a high degree of customer satisfaction; provides insights and recommendations from data and trends.
- Represent The Food Bank of Manatee with community-based and regional business partners.
- May conduct other duties, as assigned by the President & CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, with a proven record of success in a warehouse distribution center, including logistics and supply chain operations management.
- 10 years’ progressive experience in warehousing, distribution or related business experience; strong financial acumen.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software, including excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to make decisions, allocate resources, prioritize operational objectives, and implement and assess effectiveness of business strategies.
- Must maintain a clean driving record.
Skills, Tools, and Technology Requirements:
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong and admired EQ.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities; able to foster positive working relationships with all levels of staff, with clients, with donors, and with volunteers.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Extremely passionate about the mission.
- Experience driving continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Exceptional conflict resolution/problem solving skills; and
- Compliance with all safety regulations applicable to the warehouse and vehicles.
- Must be able to work in environment with possible exposure to hazardous materials, high and/or extremely cold temperatures.
Job Type: Full Time/Exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and medical benefits.