Volunteer Scheduling Coordinator
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
The Volunteer Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Volunteer Services department in the daily coordination and scheduling functions for Meals on Wheels PLUS (MOWP) with a concentrated focus on volunteer support for the operations of The Food Bank of Manatee.
- Oversee volunteer scheduling of Food Bank shifts, distributions, group activities and special events as needed. Utilize Cognito leads, existing volunteer database and other sources to recruit/solicit available volunteers. Maintain updated schedule on shared drive, ensure all volunteers complete an application and data is uploaded in AIMS. Follow up with volunteers to promote a sense of value and engagement.
- Send and receive Telephone Reassurance call lists, in excel format, weekly to volunteers.
- Greet and assist volunteers daily at Food Bank during check-in. Provide daily list of scheduled volunteers. Coordinate check-in with Food Bank staff when you are not available, such as on meal delivery days. Assist in initial training of new volunteers as needed.
- Deliver meals on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during lunch time.
- Tally and submit volunteer mileage vouchers monthly.
- Oversee pet food orders from clients including tracking, ordering and distribution.
- Work closely with Director of Volunteer Services and Volunteer Assistant on the adoption and implementation of new on-line scheduling software (Volunteer Impact). Understand the database operations, and assist with promoting, educating, and encouraging volunteers to schedule on-line.
- Work closely with Director of Volunteer Services on ideas to retain and recognize volunteers.
- Monitor stock of supplies in volunteer storage room and communicate to Operations Team when additional supplies are needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Florida Driver’s license and driver’s insurance.
- 2 years experience applying basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience learning new web-based software. Knowledge of Constant Contact, Volunteer Impact, and Publisher a plus.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience working with non-profits a plus
- Outgoing, positive personality with great motivational and customer service skills.
- Possess a special interest in programs designed to assist older Americans.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with great attention to details.
- Must be a problem solver and able to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines with accurate results.
- A team player that listens, communicates, deals well with ambiguity and follows instruction.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and follow directions well.
- Must be able to stand for an hour, bend, and lift or carry up to 25 pounds.
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt (40 hours/week) / 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Compensation: $11.00 – $12.00/hour.
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and medical benefits.
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free workplace. All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check.