Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee COVID-19 Information
It is our mission to provide nutrition and caring, supportive services. With increased precautions to safeguard our clients, volunteers, and staff, we are continuing our Home-delivered Meal program providing vital nutrition and hope to home-bound seniors and disabled residents in Manatee County. In addition, The Food Bank of Manatee remains fully operational, serving local food pantries and partners as we work to #FEEDMANATEE.
In the midst of recent unprecedented circumstances related to COVID-19, we are suspending programming and events as follows:
- We are reducing operations to comply with CDC recommendations and further adhere to social distancing practices. All meal-delivery will continue in a modified format.
- Hours of operation for Meals on Wheels PLUS and The Food Bank of Manatee programs are 8 am–5 pm Monday through Friday, unless otherwise posted.
- Friendship Dining Centers (all locations) will remain closed for all programming; Home-delivered Meals will be available to all Friendship Dining Participants to ensure proper nutrition.
- Daybreak Adult Day Center will remain closed for all programming; Home-delivered Meals will be available to all Daybreak Adult Day Center participants to ensure proper nutrition.
- All volunteers must be 18 years or older and, in the short term due to CDC guidelines, must be under 65 years of age. Anyone wishing to volunteer age 65 and older must adhere to the following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Provide documented proof of COVID-19 vaccination (Doses 1 and 2) with a completed wait period of at least 14 days following injection of the second dose, AND
- Read, sign, and date a Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee COVID-19 Waiver, including the Addendum for Volunteers over age 65.
- All volunteers are required to wear masks at client-facing situations and gloves (provided).
Please check back for updates regarding reopening dates.
LIMITED CONTACT DRIVE THROUGH FOOD DISTRIBUTION
*Quantities may be limited. Distribution times are subject to change.
Together, We Can Make an Impact!
In the midst of recent unprecedented circumstances related to COVID-19, we are working to fulfill the rising needs and costs of our programs to ensure essential nutrition is available to our homebound seniors and that children and families who do not have access to meals find nourishment and care.
We need the help of all Manatee County residents to feed our community. You can help by:
- We are in need of non-perishable food items. Specifically: canned vegetables, baby cereal & formula, canned fruits, mac ‘n’ cheese, peanut butter, jelly, boxed rice, boxed pasta, canned soups, canned meat, 100% fruit juices, breakfast bars, oatmeal, powdered milk, applesauce, dried beans, trail mix, and healthy cereals. Please avoid glass containers.
- We are in need of unopened packages of toilet paper, paper towels, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer. Homebound and disabled residents need access to these items and some supplies have been limited.
Donations can be dropped off at:
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
811 23rd Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please donate to help with rising program and operational costs related to this pandemic. $25 can provide 6 meals for a family of five people. $50 can provide meals for a home-bound senior for a week; Gifts can be made online by clicking here.
We are beyond grateful for the overwhelming response from those interested in volunteering at Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee. The numbers of those wanting to volunteer exceeds what we can currently accommodate due to the guidelines issued by the CDC. The needs in our community are great and will continue to grow. We encourage everyone interested in lending a hand to mobilize a non-perishable food collection or purchase items online to be delivered directly to us. All donations can be delivered or shipped directly to Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, 811 23rd Avenue East, Bradenton, FL 34208.