Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee is committed to ensuring the safest practices and is making continual adjustments to our operations. It is our mission to provide nutrition and caring, supportive services, with increased precautions to safeguard our clients, volunteers, and staff.
We do not know at this point how long this change of regular operations will be in effect, but we will continue to update our Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee COVID-19 Information Page as well as our Meals on Wheels PLUS Facebook page.
Daybreak Adult Day Center
At Daybreak Adult Day Center, we provide a safe, secure environment with social, recreational, and therapeutic activities designed to meet the needs of older adults who live at home with a loved one but cannot be left alone while their caregiver works or attends to other responsibilities.
Daybreak is the only licensed adult day center in Manatee County providing ongoing, year-round programs Monday – Friday, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm with most clients attending between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm.
Purpose and Independence –
Making Each Day Special
Daybreak provides a significant health and social benefit to members including:
- Recognizing special occasions and fostering peer interaction, teamwork, and friendship
- Improving and maximizing each individual to their highest level of functioning
- Promoting each person’s level of independence and sense of purpose
“We are always the same age inside."
– Gertrude Stein
Health & Wellness –
Personalized, Friendly Care
Daybreak Adult Day Center clients are engaged daily to ensure their experience is fun and safe.
- 1:6 caregiver/client ratio
- On-site registered nurse for medical supervision
- A safe, secure environment with qualified and trained staff who provide compassionate care and promote each client's level of independence and sense of purpose
- Support and education for caregivers
- Transportation services may be available
Funds in support of scholarships for those families seeking care for
their loved ones who do not have the financial resources to cover the
$1,000 – 90 hours of care
$2,500 – 40 days of care
$5,000 – 6 months of care