Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee COVID-19 Information
It is our mission to provide nutrition and caring, supportive services. With increased precautions to safeguard our clients, volunteers, and staff, we are continuing our Home-delivered Meal program providing vital nutrition and hope to home-bound seniors and disabled residents in Manatee County. In addition, The Food Bank of Manatee remains fully operational, serving local food pantries and partners as we work to #FEEDMANATEE.
In the midst of recent unprecedented circumstances related to COVID-19, we are suspending programming and events as follows:
- We are reducing operations to comply with CDC recommendations and further adhere to social distancing practices. All meal-delivery will continue in a modified format.
- Hours of operation for Meals on Wheels PLUS and The Food Bank of Manatee programs are 8 am–5 pm Monday through Friday, unless otherwise posted.
- The Enrichment Center at Renaissance on 9th will close for all recreational, educational, and social programming beginning on Wednesday, 03/18/2020.
- Friendship Dining Centers (all three locations) will close for all programming beginning on Thursday, 03/19/2020; Home-delivered Meals will be available to all Friendship Dining Participants to ensure proper nutrition.
- The Aging Gracefully presentation at Daybreak Adult Day Center, originally scheduled for 03/19/2020, has been cancelled.
- Daybreak Adult Day Center will close for all programming beginning on Friday, 03/20/2020; Home-delivered Meals will be available to all Daybreak Adult Day Center participants to ensure proper nutrition.
Please check back for updates regarding reopening dates.
Meals on Wheels PLUS, through The Food Bank of Manatee will be providing #Food4Families—breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that will feed a family of five for 2 or more days.
LIMITED CONTACT DRIVE THROUGH FOOD DISTRIBUTION
WEDNESDAYS IN AUGUST (8/12, 8/19, 8/26) from 4 pm-6 pm
Renaissance on 9th/Bradenton Dream Center
1816 9th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34205
*Quantities may be limited. Distribution times are subject to change.
Together, We Can Make an Impact!
In the midst of recent unprecedented circumstances related to COVID-19, we are working to fulfill the rising needs and costs of our programs to ensure essential nutrition is available to our homebound seniors and that children and families who do not have access to meals find nourishment and care.
We need the help of all Manatee County residents to feed our community. You can help by:
- We are in need of non-perishable food items. Specifically: canned vegetables, baby cereal & formula, canned fruits, mac ‘n’ cheese, peanut butter, jelly, boxed rice, boxed pasta, canned soups, canned meat, 100% fruit juices, breakfast bars, oatmeal, powdered milk, applesauce, dried beans, trail mix, and healthy cereals. Please avoid glass containers.
- We are in need of unopened packages of toilet paper, paper towels, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer. Homebound and disabled residents need access to these items and some supplies have been limited.
Donations can be dropped off at:
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
811 23rd Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please donate to help with rising program and operational costs related to this pandemic. $25 can provide 6 meals for a family of five people. $50 can provide meals for a home-bound senior for a week; Gifts can be made online by clicking here.