It is our mission to provide nutrition and caring, supportive services. With increased precautions to safeguard our clients, volunteers, and staff, we are continuing our Home-delivered Meal program providing vital nutrition and hope to home-bound seniors and disabled residents in Manatee County. In addition, The Food Bank of Manatee remains fully operational, serving local food pantries and partners as we work to #FEEDMANATEE.
In the midst of recent unprecedented circumstances related to COVID-19, we are suspending programming and events as follows:
- The Enrichment Center at Renaissance on 9th will close for all recreational, educational, and social programming beginning on Wednesday, 03/18/2020.
- Friendship Dining Centers (all three locations) will close for all programming beginning on Thursday, 03/19/2020; Home-delivered Meals will be available to all Friendship Dining Participants to ensure proper nutrition.
- The Aging Gracefully presentation at Daybreak Adult Day Center, originally scheduled for 03/19/2020, has been cancelled.
- Daybreak Adult Day Center will close for all programming beginning on Friday, 03/20/2020; Home-delivered Meals will be available to all Daybreak Adult Day Center participants to ensure proper nutrition.
- Our annual fundraising event, Tropical Nights: Roaring 20’s in 2020, originally scheduled for Saturday, March 28, 2020 has been rescheduled for Saturday, June 20, 2020, at the Grove Ballroom in Lakewood Ranch. Please mark your calendars for Tropical Nights, Roaring 20’s in 2020 on 06/20/2020.
In the midst of recent unprecedented circumstances related to COVID-19, we are working to fulfill the rising needs and costs of our programs to ensure essential nutrition is available to our home-bound seniors and that children and families who do not have access to meals find nourishment and care.
We need the help of all Manatee County residents to feed our community. You can help by:
- We are in need of non-perishable food items. Specifically: canned vegetables, baby cereal & formula, canned fruits, mac ‘n’ cheese, peanut butter, jelly, boxed rice, boxed pasta, canned soups, canned meat, 100% fruit juices, breakfast bars, oatmeal, powdered milk, apple sauce, dried beans, trail mix, and healthy cereals. Please avoid glass containers.
- We are in need of unopened packages of toilet paper, paper towels, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer. Home-bound and disabled residents need access to these items and the stores are depleted.
Donations can be dropped off at:
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
811 23rd Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please donate to help with rising program and operational costs related to this pandemic. $20 can provide 6 meals for a family of five people. $50 can provide meals for a home-bound senior for a week; Gifts can be made online by clicking here.
About Meals On Wheels PLUS
To assist individuals to live independently by providing nutrition and caring, supportive services.
THE “PLUS” IS BECAUSE WE ARE SO MUCH MORE THAN MEALS!
Meals on Wheels PLUS delivers nourishing meals to the homebound and offers comprehensive care and essential programs that assist people to live independently including:
- Home-Delivered Meals
- The Food Bank of Manatee
- Daybreak Adult Day Center
- Friendship Dining
- Enrichment Center
Meals on Wheels PLUS is dedicated to enriching quality of life and independence for those in need.
For information about volunteering or any other programs
The Food Bank of Manatee distributes food to individuals and families in need through over 100 local partner agencies and food pantries.
About The Food Bank of Manatee
The Food Bank of Manatee is a PLUS program operated by Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
The Food Bank of Manatee is the largest hunger-relief organization based in Manatee County
Nutritional assistance and caring, supportive services to individuals in need throughout Manatee County
The Food Bank of Manatee is operated by Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee as another way to provide nutrition and caring, supportive services to our community. The Food Bank is the largest hunger-relief organization based in Manatee County, providing over 25 million pounds of food since 1985 for local children, families, and seniors.
A program by Meals on Wheels PLUS
About Daybreak Adult Day Center
Purpose and Independence – Making Each Day Special
You’re Invited! Call today to schedule a tour.
Compassionate Care From Experienced Staff
Older adults with physical or mental difficulties who live at home with a loved one
often cannot be left alone while their caregiver works or attends to other
The Adult Day Center offers a safe, secure environment with social, recreational,
and therapeutic activities designed to meet the needs of the participants.
10920 East State Road 70
Lakewood Ranch, Florida 34202
PHONE: (941) 748-3001
FAX: (941) 756-0157
Daybreak provides a significant health and social benefit to members including:
- Recognizing special occasions and fostering peer interaction, teamwork, and friendship
- Improving and maximizing each individual to their highest level of functioning
- Promoting each person’s level of independence and sense of purpose
Health & Wellness.
Personalized, friendly care
- Safe, secure environment
- Emotional support
- Promotion of physical and mental well-being
- Nutritious hot lunch and healthy snacks
- Supervised recreational activities
- Registered nurse on premises
Hours of Service: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 5 pm
Become a Member of our Enrichment Center!
About Enrichment Center
Meals on Wheels PLUS operated senior center
A GREAT PLACE TO COME AND MEET NEW PEOPLE
The Enrichment Center at Renaissance on 9th
The Enrichment Center provides a variety of health and mind enhancement activities as well as a calendar full of other activities offered at the Enrichment Center throughout the year. There are computer lessons, Tai Chi sessions, weekly afternoon dances with a live band, nutrition workshops, arts and craft classes, language courses and more.
A popular weekly event is the Lunch Club, held from 11 am to 1 pm on Mondays.
The Enrichment Center is the premier place for the fun and 50+ crowd to gather and participate in recreational, cultural, and educational programs. Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 1 pm
There are activities for every taste in the Enrichment Center at Renaissance on 9th. Check out the events listed below, and call 941-749-0100 or stop by for more details.
Become a Member of our Enrichment Center! Members get discounted pricing on special events, services, fitness center use, and classes. Memberships can be purchased on a monthly or yearly basis. Call 941-749-0100 for more information.