The Development Coordinator is responsible assisting V.P. of Development in stewarding donors, achieving fundraising goals, and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge NXT and other resources to successfully identify, cultivate, and steward donors, strengthening a pipeline of current and prospective support, while securing donations to achieve financial goals and in-kind needs.
- Steward prospects and donors in meaningful ways while moving constituents from all sectors continuously through the 14 steps of the fundraising cycle, tracking progression through Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Assist with research and preparation of grant applications for targeted needs of the organization.
- Assist with the coordination of grant reports to foundations and organizations providing the information required within the given timelines. Maintain a schedule of grant applications, responses, and reports to ensure renewal.
- Work with the VP of Development to assist in planning for annual fund, major gift, and other campaigns.
- Responsible for implementing engaging donor stewardship events.
- Assist with the successful execution of fundraising events.
- May be asked to perform other duties as needed.
- B.S./B.A. degree
- 2 years of experience in fundraising/development or project management
- Non-profit experience strongly preferred
- An understanding of social services and older adults needs and enrichment preferred
Special Skills, Tools, Technology Requirements
- Possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism
- Committed to providing excellent service to donors and our internal partners
- Able to work independently, utilize good judgment and decision-making skills
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage a timeline
- Ability to achieve consistently excellent quality work
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with Raiser’s Edge or other similar donor management software preferred
- Must be able to bend, lift, carry, push/pull 25 pounds by oneself or 50 pounds with assistance
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt
Compensation: is $38,000-$40,000 commensurate with experience
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer. Meals on Wheels Plus is a “Drug Free" workplace. Drug testing is mandatory, with a required “negative" result for all federally recognized drugs, including medically prescribed cannabis.
All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check and must be authorized to work in the United States. References are required. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. (“MOWP”) is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination laws, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. MOWP prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.