Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc
Meals on Wheels PLUS is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. We will not lend, sell, or rent your personal information to any third party. Whether you pay through a physical check, over the phone, or through a general offline collection, your name, address, phone number, and credit card information will not be shared with anyone outside our organization. As a donor, you may choose to remain anonymous. We subscribe and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Donor Bill of Rights.
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc.
811 23rd Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
The following describes how Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. uses information voluntarily provided by its donors, customers, and other site visitors.
Your email address will only be used within Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. We do not share, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside our organization. Our primary goals in collecting information are to:
- provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience.
- to send information to you upon your request.
- to thank you for your generosity as a donor.
If you do not wish to receive email correspondence, please email your request to email@example.com or call 941-747-4655.
Use of IP Addresses and Cookies
A unique number called an IP address identifies every computer on the internet. Each time you connect to the internet, your machine is assigned an IP address. An IP address identifies each sender or receiver of information. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our sever and to administer our website.
Site Memberships & Registration Forms
The Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. website includes registration forms that require users to provide contact information (such as name and email address), method of payment, and demographic information. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. may use customer contact information from the registration forms to send the user information about our organization. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Information regarding method of payment is collected for member enrollment, registration, and to process orders for products and services.
The Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. website contains links to external websites that do not fall under the www.mealsonwheelsplus.org domain. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such external websites. If you choose to follow such links to external websites, you do so at your own risk.
E-Commerce for Donations and Membership Sales
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. uses order forms for donors and customers to request information, products, services, and to make donations. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. collects visitor’s contact information (such as email address, phone, address) and method of payment. Contact information is used to process orders/donations and to provide information about Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee, Inc. User payment information is used to process transactions. Customer/donor contact information is maintained in a secure database, is not used outside of our organization, and is never rented or sold to third parties. As a donor, you may choose to remain anonymous. We subscribe and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Donor Bill of Rights.
THE DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.