The Food Bank of Manatee is the only food bank located in Manatee County and the largest hunger-relief organization based in Manatee County, helping our local neighbors in need. In addition to our COVID-19 direct distribution to the community, Food4Families, The Food Bank of Manatee supports partner agencies in Manatee County who are on the hunger frontlines.
The Food Bank of Manatee is an independent Food Bank. That means we rely 100% on the support of our community to make sure the shelves are always stocked!
We rely on businesses, organizations, neighborhoods, faith groups and families to help feed food-insecure families. You can greatly impact our community by coordinating a Food Drive!
Contribute in our efforts to #FeedManatee by hosting a food or fund drive. Before you get started, use the helpful tips below to ensure your drive is a success.
100% of the food collected in Manatee County stays in Manatee County.
For more information or to host a food drive, call us at 941-747-FOOD (3663) or:
If you are hosting a Baby Shower Drive, you can use this flyer to promote the event.
Before you get started, here are the basics:
- Decide if you will raise food, funds, or both.
- Decide what type of drive you want to stage i.e. party or competition.
- Agree on food drive length (days, weeks, etc.) We recommend two or three weeks.
- Call The Food Bank of Manatee at 941-747-FOOD (3663) to make arrangements for delivery or pick-up of the collection barrel(s). Please note that during the holiday season, our pickup schedule fills up quickly and we may not be able to get to your location immediately.
Now that the basics are done, get everything ready:
- Send out memos, phone messages, newsletters, and emails to promote the food drive.
- Plan special theme days such as “Meat Monday” or “Tuna Tuesday”.
- Encourage competitions between teams, classes, or departments.
- Get management involved. Encourage executives to show their support by sending emails or letters. Have your company match employee donations. For example, your company might give $1 for every pound of food raised.
- Place collection barrels or boxes in convenient and visible areas. Arrange to store them during the drive.
You’re ready to host your drive:
- Send out creative messages via email and social media to keep people excited.
You’ve completed the drive. Here’s the final steps:
- Contact us at 941-747-FOOD (3663) to make arrangements for pick-up, or deliver your food directly to The Food Bank of Manatee (811 23rd Avenue East, Bradenton, FL 34208) between 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Collect all cash contributions and make all checks payable to The Food Bank of Manatee.
- The Food Bank of Manatee will send you a letter listing the total amount of food and money raised during your event.
Here is a list of critically needed items:
- CANNED VEGETABLES
- BABY CEREAL & FORMULA
- CANNED FRUITS
- MAC ‘N’ CHEESE
- PEANUT BUTTER
- BOXED RICE
- BOXED PASTA
- CANNED SOUPS
- CANNED MEAT
- 100% FRUIT JUICES
- BREAKFAST BARS
- POWDERED MILK
- DRIED BEANS
- TRAIL MIX
- HEALTHY CEREALS
The Food Bank of Manatee is the only food bank located in Manatee County and the largest hunger relief organization based in Manatee County, helping our local neighbors in need. In addition to our COVID-19 direct distribution to the community, Food4Families, The Food Bank of Manatee supports over 75 partner agencies in Manatee County who are on the hunger front line. In order to keep the shelves stocked, The Food Bank of Manatee relies on businesses and organizations like yours to help feed food-insecure families. You can provide a great impact to Manatee County by teaming with coworkers/associates to collect more food.