Volunteer Services Coordinator
Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee
The Volunteer Services Coordinator will assist the Volunteer Services Department with daily Home Delivered Meals volunteer tasks and projects.
- Prepare daily paperwork for meal delivery including route sheets, volunteer sign-in sheets, exception reports, late changes, etc.
- Manage inventory of HDM carts on delivery days to include counting meals and additional items for accuracy. Move HDM carts to volunteer vehicles.
- Greet and assist volunteers daily at Food Bank during check-in. Provide daily list of scheduled volunteers to Food Bank Manager. Coordinate check-in with Food Bank staff when you are not available, such as on meal delivery days. Assist in initial training of new volunteers as needed.
- Assist Volunteer Scheduling Coordinator with scheduling drivers as needed through Better Impact.
- Deliver routes or meals to senior clients as needed and help cover phones during peak times while in the office. Redeliver meals as needed.
- Assist with onboarding new volunteers for all departments including qualifying, greeting, providing tours, taking volunteers on their first route, processing new volunteer background checks, and entering data in AIMS database, Constant Contact, Outlook and Better Impact.
- Assist with administrative tasks including updating and reporting volunteer hours, filing, emailing correspondence, tracking & storing route sheets, etc.
- Manage route sequencing, adding and removing clients, and insure most efficient routes for volunteers. Monitor routes for efficiencies and print maps of routes as needed for volunteer drivers.
- Assist Director, Volunteer Services with volunteer recruiting/retention projects and events as assigned.
- Write and continually update a desk procedure including any AIMS and Better Impact procedures which provide a step-by-step process for your daily tasks. Make them available on SharePoint.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation required.
- 3-5 years of working in a professional environment, preferably with volunteers or in nonprofit organizations.
Skills, Tools and Technology Requirements:
- Ability to interact and relate to elderly and handicapped people while handling confidential information with discretion and compassion.
- Ability to always project a friendly positive attitude, relate to people and motivate volunteers.
- Must be detailed oriented, especially entering data.
- Must be a team player, and able to work independently within the guidelines of the position.
- Able to work under pressure, adapt quickly to changes, and meet goals as assigned.
- Able to read and create maps, use a GPS, follow directions, strong knowledge of Manatee County a plus.
- Must have good working knowledge of various types of office equipment and basic Office software.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills and be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to stand for an hour, bend, lift, carry, push and pull up to 25-50 lbs. with assistance.
- Must be able and willing to drive routes regularly as needed within Manatee County.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- 60% of this role is physical delivering meals and manual duties; 40% is office work.
Job Type: Full Time / Non-exempt (40 hours/week) / 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and medical benefits.
Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee is an equal opportunity employer. Meals on Wheels Plus is a “Drug Free" workplace. Drug testing is mandatory, with a required “negative" result for all federally recognized drugs, including medically prescribed cannabis. All applicants considered for this position are subject to a Level II background check and must be authorized to work in the United States. References are required.