5 cups water
1 box noodles of yourchoice
2 tbsp cooking
oil (e.g.canola, coconut, olive)
1 ea onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups frozen peas(optional)
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup cabbage, shredded (optional)
To taste, salt and pepper
Optional toppings: peanuts,green onion, cilantro, jalapenos, sesame seeds
For the sesame peanut sauce
½ cup peanut butter (or nut/ seed butter of your choice)
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Start with the sesame peanut sauce.In a small bowl mix the ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a medium cooking pot add water and cook the noodles according to package directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, in a frying pan over medium heat add the oil. Warm oil over low heat. Add the onion and a dash of salt. Sauté for2-5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Next, add the garlic and sauté foran additional 3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour in the peanut sauce and mix until everything is evenly coated in the sauce. Cook on low for10 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Strain the noodles when ready and add them to the frying pan. Mix everything well.
- Enjoy at once as is or with cilantro,peanuts, green onions, sesame seeds, or jalapenos.
Serving Size: 4