Holiday Shoebox Collection
Please join us for our 17th Annual Shoebox Collection
We hope to collect 1,000 shoeboxes for volunteers and staff of Meals on Wheels PLUS to deliver to seniors throughout the holidays. These boxes are often times the only Holiday present seniors receive. This year it is especially important because of the isolation so many of our seniors are facing. Please help us put some joy in the holidays for Manatee County seniors.
Admission is Free with…
A WRAPPED & FILLED Shoebox
$20 Donation to Meals on Wheels PLUS
EXAMPLES OF ITEMS FOR A SHOEBOX:
- Flashlights (small) or Nightlight
- Hand Lotion/Moisturizer
- Holiday Trinkets (non-breakable)
- Kleenex (small pocketbook size packages)
- Mechanical Pencils
- Paperback Word Puzzles in Large Print (Crossword, Word Puzzles, Word Jumble)
- Slipper Socks
- Toothpaste (small to medium size)
Items NOT to include: Razors, Candy, Food, Candles, Breakables, Gift Cards.
- The Shoeboxes are wrapped — top and bottom separately.
- Tissue is placed in the box.
- Typically 10 items are placed in each box. A good place to purchase items is Dollar Tree
- The box is closed and secured with an elastic.
- A tag identifying if the box is for a male, female or neutral is attached under the elastic.
- Please attach MALE/FEMALE/NEUTRAL tags (click here)
The wrapped and filled shoeboxes are then delivered to Meals on Wheels home-delivered meal clients by our Meals on Wheels volunteers during the holiday season.
Any individual who is not attending the event but wishes to donate wrapped & filled shoeboxes can drop them off to us any weekday before Friday, December 9, 2022 between 8:30am-4:30pm. Our location is 811 23rd Ave E, Bradenton, FL 34208.
For more information about volunteering, sponsorships, and donations, please click here.
Funds donated in excess of need will be used to provide nutrition and caring, supportive services throughout the year. Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee is a 501 (c)3 organization. The Florida Registration Number for Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee is #CH1420. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL FREE 800-435-7352 OR AT WWW.800HELPFLA.COM WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.