Holiday Shoebox Collection
Please join us for our 16th Annual Shoebox Collection
We hope to collect 1,000 shoeboxes for volunteers and staff of Meals on Wheels PLUS to deliver to seniors throughout the holidays. These boxes are often times the only Holiday present seniors receive. This year it is especially important because of the isolation so many of our seniors are facing. Please help us put some joy in the holidays for Manatee County seniors.
Admission is Free with…
A WRAPPED & FILLED Shoebox
$20 Donation to Meals on Wheels PLUS
If your business would like to be a $500 sponsor for this year’s Drive, we will promote your business and logo on our website, e-newsletter, and on our social media channels. For $500 will fill over 50 shoeboxes with small trinkets and necessities for our seniors! A great way to promote your company while helping our seniors have a happy holiday! For more information on sponsorships, click here.
Our annual Shoebox Drive is a great way to promote your business while helping a great cause. We are asking if you could make a donation toward this program, such as a raffle prize from your business, tickets or a gift card donated by your business. The raffle prizes donated are drawn at the reception for those who bring filled shoeboxes. For more information on donating raffle items, click here.
EXAMPLES OF ITEMS FOR A SHOEBOX:
• Flashlights (small) or Nightlight
• Hand Lotion/Moisturizer
• Holiday Trinkets (non-breakable)
• Kleenex (small pocketbook size packages)
• Mechanical Pencils
• Paperback Word Puzzles in Large Print (Crossword, Word Puzzles, Word Jumble)
• Slipper Socks
• Toothpaste (small to medium size)
Items NOT to include: Razors, Candy, Candles, Breakables, Gift Cards.
• The Shoeboxes are wrapped — top and bottom separately.
• Tissue is placed in the box.
• Typically 10 items are placed in each box. A good place to purchase items is Dollar Tree
• The box is closed and secured with an elastic.
• A tag identifying if the box is for a male, female or neutral is attached under the elastic.
The wrapped and filled shoeboxes are then delivered to Meals on Wheels home-delivered meal clients by our Meals on Wheels volunteers during the holiday season.
Any individual who is not attending the event but wishes to donate wrapped & filled shoeboxes can drop them off to us any weekday before Monday, December 6, 2021 between 8am-4pm. Our location is 811 23rd Ave E, Bradenton, FL 34208.
For more information about volunteering, donations, or sponsorships, please contact us.