2 tbsp oil (e.g.,olive, avocado, grapeseed)
½ ea onion,chopped small
½ tsp salt
2 cloves garlic,minced
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1 ea 15 oz can crushed tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
1 cup broth (e.g.,vegetable, chicken,beef)
1 ea 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 tbsp butter(optional)
To taste, Salt and pepper
16 oz whole wheat pasta, prepared to box instructions
¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- In a medium saucepan, warmthe oil over medium heat. Addonion and salt. Sauté for 3-5minutes, stirring often.
- Over medium-high heat, addthe garlic, oregano, chilipowder, tomatoes, broth, andbring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the pumpkinpurée and stir to combine.Continue simmering for 5minutes, then remove it fromthe heat.
- Add butter to the saucepan,stirring to melt (optional).
- Season to taste with pepper and salt. Stir into warm pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese (optional).
Serving Size: 4